Planet eStream has replaced ClickView and Kaltura
As delivery staff you have access to thousands of recordings in Planet eStream and the opportunity to schedule and record TV and Radio programmes (including those from the previous 7 days).
You can find the link to Planet eStream on the Staff menu of Moodle and on the Staff Portal:
If you can’t find the recording you are looking for, please contact ILT as there is a further ‘community’ database of recordings and BBC Archives which we can search for you.
ILT can show you how to make a link to your programmes and recordings on Moodle.
You probably will need to reset your Moodle course to remove old student data and enrolments, and then modify the content of your course to reflect any changes in curriculum.
Please note: If you run a course that stretches over 2 years or more, then you probably shouldn’t reset your course. If you are unsure about what to do, please contact me before resetting your course.
Resetting your course will unenrol all existing students and remove all the student data from your course ( e.g. forum posts), but will leave the resources and activities in place for your new cohort to use.
To reset your course, do the following:
- Go into the course you wish to reset.
- In the ‘Administration Block’, under ‘Course Administration’ heading, click on “Reset”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Select default” button. ( if you are unsure about the settings or if you have any queries about the default, please contact ILT)
- Scroll to the bottom again and click the “Reset course” button to start the reset process.
- Click “Continue” to return to your course home page.
Your Moodle course has now been reset.
Do you currently save work to your P drive, desktop or USB stick?
Do you have these problems?
- Your P drive is full
- Your work is on USB sticks which break
- Work is only saved on a specific computer
OneDrive backs up files online so you avoid these issues.
Tidy your files and save to OneDrive instead.
OneDrive allows you to:
- Copy and save work into your online file storage area.
- Work on your files in the online browser or using the full version that you already use.
- Changes to work save automatically.
- Access files online from anywhere.
- Create new files using the many Microsoft features you already use, and more besides.
- Share specified files with colleagues on a view only or edit basis.
- Access others’ files in the Shared With Me area.
Does your Moodle course looks different since the update?
Moodle pages that used to display the Onetopic course format have temporarily reverted to displaying all resources in a long list. Until Onetopic format is reinstated, you can display your page/s using Collapsed* or grid format if you prefer. They have a clean, more modern appearance and load up onto the page faster. To do this go to:
- Edit Settings
- Course format
Remember to check the Number of sections is correct and set Elements to no additions if using collapsed format.
NB some sections may show as “orphaned” in which case, you need to increase the Number of sections in Administration/Edit Settings.
*To see an example of a collapsed topic page, click here
Turnitin is getting a new look this summer : Feedback Studio will become the default service on 1st August 2017.
Learn more about Feedback Studio:
- See Feedback Studio in action.
- Review a Success Kit with materials to help with your transition (includes integrations information). We’ve just added new resources to the Instructor Guides to help your instructors quickly master the new interface.
- Watch this video comparison between Feedback Studio and Turnitin Classic.
- Sign up for a demo.
Take short videos to display to your learners on Moodle
Just go to the library and ask to borrow the Nexus tablet and tripod. It comes with a clear guide on how to take videos and upload them straight to your Kaltura account from the Nexus (all staff have a Kaltura account attached to their login).
You then go to your Moodle page and using the Kaltura Video Resource option, make a link to your uploaded videos in Kaltura.
Have you checked the SMART targets you set for your learners? Don’t forget to set as reviewed and update the date, or set as achieved. A really quick way to check and edit your students’ Smart Targets is as follows:
- Open your Student Group in ProMonitor.
- Click SMART Targets Calendar from the left-hand menu.
- The date you set by which Smart Targets are to be reviewed should show your student names in that date slot.
- Click the actual date in the calendar (not the names) and you will see all the Smart Targets for each student.Click Set Achieved if that is now the status for each student, or click Edit and select the appropriate status from the drop-down list.
Don’t forget – if you choose reviewed, you need to set a new Review Date