- Teachers can upload definitions to this link.
- Participants can create and maintain a list of definitions, like a dictionary.
- Add images, links or documents.
- Learners can upload their own definitions.
- Search alphabetically, by category, date or author.
- Entries can be approved by default or require approval by a teacher before they are viewable by everyone.
- Learners and teachers can comment on and rate entries. Aggregate ratings to form a final grade, recorded in the gradebook.
Glossaries have many uses, such as
- A collaborative bank of key terms
- A ‘getting to know you’ space where new students add their name and personal details
- A ‘handy tips’ resource of best practice in a practical subject
- A sharing area of useful videos, images or sound files
- A revision resource of facts to remember