Derby College has a video and media sharing space called Kaltura.
This is accessible from the staff portal.
- upload videos to your Kaltura storage area
- organise videos into channels
- allow others to add to channels and view videos
- link to Kaltura videos from Moodle.
- record from your camera, phone or a webcam into Kaltura
- use Kaltura to record and capture screen recordings.
- upload videos to Kaltura instead of Youtube to avoid seeing inappropriate comments and videos
- easily create interactive quizzes with your videos
Lecturers are already using Kaltura to create links on their Moodle pages for learners to upload video evidence from their mobiles, mobile devices, cameras or computers.
This is also great for Blended and Flipped Learning or Distance Learning and will engage learners using a current format.