You probably will need to reset your Moodle course to remove old student data and enrolments, and then modify the content of your course to reflect any changes in curriculum.
Please note: If you run a course that stretches over 2 years or more, then you probably shouldn’t reset your course. If you are unsure about what to do, please contact me before resetting your course.
Resetting your course will unenrol all existing students and remove all the student data from your course ( e.g. forum posts), but will leave the resources and activities in place for your new cohort to use.
To reset your course, do the following:
- Go into the course you wish to reset.
- In the ‘Administration Block’, under ‘Course Administration’ heading, click on “Reset”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Select default” button. ( if you are unsure about the settings or if you have any queries about the default, please contact ILT)
- Scroll to the bottom again and click the “Reset course” button to start the reset process.
- Click “Continue” to return to your course home page.
Your Moodle course has now been reset.