I know it’s a busy time but remember to:
- Add yourself to your student groups – click the yellow banner at the top of the student group (this makes that group a shortcut from your homepage).
- Markbook Structure – it’s very important to check the units you teach and feed back any alterations to me asap.
- Assessment Schedule – you need to input your dates. It’s important to input any changes too when you know about them.
- Target Setting – the Initial and Aspirational Target Grades go here.
- Students in the wrong student groups? – Lecturers and ILT can’t change these. Contact Learner Records to make the changes in EBS (this will change in Promonitor the following day).
If you need a reminder on Promonitor or help with anything please drop me a line:
Did you know that we have created a new group on Yammer: Clickview TV recording service where you can request TV programmes and we can keep you updated about what’s been added. There are also help sheets on such things as how to put Clickview videos into your Moodle page. Here is a link into the group if you’d like to visit it:
Click here to go to the ClickView Request page
Remember also, that you can still request TV programmes three to four weeks after broadcast!
Join the group now!
Does your page have lots of information that you want learners to read?
- Display information in “chapters” within a book
- Your page will look neater and more professional
- Reduce scrolling
- Improve Moodle’s response time
Click this link then FAQ to see Book in action
Do you want an easy quiz tool to engage your learners?
Kahoot is fun and allows learners to use their own devices in a positive way.
Like the sound of this? Ask your ILT contact to run a quiz to show you how it works.
You can use Turnitin via a link on your Moodle page.
Learners can upload their assignments to the link and view originality (plagiarism) reports.
- View originality (plagiarism) reports.
- Use a spell check and grammar tool.
- Leave comments from groups of pre-existing comments and create new comments.
- Leave a grade and a voice comment.
The originality report and grades are viewable on your Moodle page. You and the learner can click on the work to view the marked work in full.
Insert content pages of information, links, pictures and short videos.
- Follow content pages with quiz questions within the lesson.
- Guide learners’ activity; wrong answers return the learner to a previous page to re-read and re-attempt the exercise.
- Quiz questions within Lesson act like Moodle Quiz – they’re self-marking and can be saved as a spreadsheet.
- Make this a Blended Learning activity – set it as homework or for Distance Learning then use class time to discuss the lesson.
Have you tried Subpage yet?
Use this to organise your Moodle page
- Either move existing resources into a subpage to tidy your Moodle page or add new resources into it.
- Add sections to the same subpage to categorise content.
- Speed up the loading time of your Moodle page.
- Enhance your learners’ online learning experience by displaying resources logically and tidily.