Turnitin is getting a new look this summer : Feedback Studio will become the default service on 1st August 2017.
Learn more about Feedback Studio:
- See Feedback Studio in action.
- Review a Success Kit with materials to help with your transition (includes integrations information). We’ve just added new resources to the Instructor Guides to help your instructors quickly master the new interface.
- Watch this video comparison between Feedback Studio and Turnitin Classic.
- Sign up for a demo.
Take short videos to display to your learners on Moodle
Just go to the library and ask to borrow the Nexus tablet and tripod. It comes with a clear guide on how to take videos and upload them straight to your Kaltura account from the Nexus (all staff have a Kaltura account attached to their login).
You then go to your Moodle page and using the Kaltura Video Resource option, make a link to your uploaded videos in Kaltura.
Have you checked the SMART targets you set for your learners? Don’t forget to set as reviewed and update the date, or set as achieved. A really quick way to check and edit your students’ Smart Targets is as follows:
- Open your Student Group in ProMonitor.
- Click SMART Targets Calendar from the left-hand menu.
- The date you set by which Smart Targets are to be reviewed should show your student names in that date slot.
- Click the actual date in the calendar (not the names) and you will see all the Smart Targets for each student.Click Set Achieved if that is now the status for each student, or click Edit and select the appropriate status from the drop-down list.
Don’t forget – if you choose reviewed, you need to set a new Review Date
If you haven’t already set your learners’ Target Grades, here’s how:
Open the student group you want to set targets for.
Click Target Setting.
Enter the grades into the first 2 columns (must match the grades at the bottom – click the i).
NB You may find that some learners (usually level 3s) already have Initial Target Grades imported as a result of achievements on entry during enrolment.
If you need to fill out your Progress Logs for Star Week before half term, these quick videos might help:
Attaching yourself to your student groups: http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/plisj
Completing Progress Logs: http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/qtea9
NB If these videos won’t play, copy the web addresses in blue above and paste them into the address bar of Internet Explorer or Chrome browsers.
I know it’s a busy time but remember to:
- Add yourself to your student groups – click the yellow banner at the top of the student group (this makes that group a shortcut from your homepage).
- Markbook Structure – it’s very important to check the units you teach and feed back any alterations to me asap.
- Assessment Schedule – you need to input your dates. It’s important to input any changes too when you know about them.
- Target Setting – the Initial and Aspirational Target Grades go here.
- Students in the wrong student groups? – Lecturers and ILT can’t change these. Contact Learner Records to make the changes in EBS (this will change in Promonitor the following day).
If you need a reminder on Promonitor or help with anything please drop me a line:
Does your page have lots of information that you want learners to read?
- Display information in “chapters” within a book
- Your page will look neater and more professional
- Reduce scrolling
- Improve Moodle’s response time
Click this link then FAQ to see Book in action